Macworld 2007 is tomorrow!
I figured I needed to put my thoughts down on digital paper just so I could see how wrong I am about what Apple has in store…
- We’ll definitely see iLife ’07 – pricing will be the same and it will be released immediately
- Major upgrade to iWeb
- Major changes to .Mac to pump up the publishing features from iLife 07 and a little more online storage
- iWork will be updated for ’07, but no spreadsheet app yet
- Leopard will get a release date and all the new features will be shown off. No reason to hold back now that Vista is out. Oh, and it will be awesome!
- ZFS will be bootable in Leopard
- Airport Express will get updated to 802.11n
- firmware upgrade for MacBook Pro C2D to use 802.11n
- iTV will get a name and a release date – it better have all of the 10 features I asked for.
- More feature film studios for the iTunes Music Store to go with the iTV announcement
- New iSight camera
- New displays with iSight built-in, but the old ones will still be available.
- New Mac mini with Core 2 Duo
- eSATA on the iMac and MacBook Pro
- new nVidia GPU options on the Mac Pro
- new Intel GPU on the Mac mini and iMac
- Dual quad core workstation CPU’s on the Mac Pro
- Single quad-core desktop CPU on the 24″ iMac
- iPhone – yawn
And then there’s the things I want to happen, but probably won’t…
- Apple Lossless tracks from the iTunes Music Store
- Something to compete with Microsoft’s Home Server
- Apple external hot-swap hard drive enclosures (ala Icy Dock) for use with the iTV and Macs. You know you’re going to need this when ZFS ships for Leopard.
- Apple USB TV tuner/CableCard adapter to get content for use with your iTV
- A multi-button wireless laser mouse